Appaloosa Horse Club of Canada
Last revised: January 2011
The Appaloosa Horse Club of Canada is a non-profit organization incorporated extra-provincially in the Province of Alberta and incorporated under the Animal Pedigree Act of Canada.
The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to inform you about the types of Personal Information The Appaloosa Horse Club of Canada (as follows, “we”, “us” or “ApHCC”) collects about you in the process of conducting the activities of the ApHCC, pursuant to the ApHCC Constitution, Bylaws, Regulations and Rules, and to providing you with general membership benefits as well as providing you with specific products and services you have contracted or will contract from us. It explains how we use and disclose that information, the choices you have regarding such use and disclosure, and how you may correct that information.
We are pleased to demonstrate our commitment to your privacy, by complying with the laws and regulations under applicable privacy laws in Canada , including the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
* Personal Information is any information that is identifiable with you. This information may include but is not limited to your name, mailing address, farm name, phone numbers, email address, identification numbers, credit card numbers and banking information. Personal Information, however, generally does not include your business title, business address or business telephone number in your capacity as an employee of an organization.
* We will always collect your Personal Information by fair and lawful means (for example, when you complete a membership form or purchase a product or service from us). We also collect your Personal Information where we have obtained your consent to do so or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
We collect, protect, use, share, and retain personal information to:
(i) achieve the Objectives of the ApHCC
(ii) provide services to you in your capacity as a member/client of ApHCC,
(iii) complete a transaction with you when you purchase a product or service from us,
(iv) respond to inquires you submit
(v) supply affiliated National/Provincial Equine/Agricultural, or other organizations with information for the purpose of providing services to our members
(vi) supply third party service providers with information for the purpose of facilitating commercial transactions with us as otherwise permitted or required by law.
* Consent to collect, protect, use, share, and retain personal information is provided when you renew your membership or apply for any ApHCC service.
* We ensure that the National/Provincial Equine/Agricultural organizations and third parties which are engaged to perform services on our behalf and are provided with Personal Information are required by contract to, observe the intent of this Privacy Statement unless, privacy legislation is not applicable
* We may keep a record of your Personal Information, correspondence or comments, in a file specific to you. We will utilize, disclose or retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, carry out ApHCC business or legal purposes and as permitted or required by law.
* We will make available to you any of your specific Personal Information that we have collected, utilized or disclosed, upon your written request, to the extent permitted or required by law. We will make such information available to you in a form that is generally understandable, including explaining any abbreviations or codes.
* We will ensure that your Personal Information is kept as accurate, complete and up-to-date as possible. We will not routinely update your Personal Information, unless such a process is necessary. We expect you, from time to time, to supply us with written updates to your Personal Information.
* You can at any time, challenge the accuracy or completeness of the Personal Information we have on you. If you successfully demonstrate that your Personal Information is inaccurate or incomplete, we will amend the Personal Information as required. Where appropriate, we will transmit the amended information to third parties having access to your Personal Information.
* We will attempt to respond to each of your written requests not later than fourteen (14) days after receipt of such requests. We will advise you in writing if we cannot meet your requests within this time limit. You have the right to make a complaint to a Federal or Provincial Privacy Commissioner in respect of this time limit.
* We may request that you provide sufficient identification to permit access to the existence, use or disclosure of your Personal Information. Any such information shall be used only for this purpose.
* We have implemented physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures to protect your Personal Information from loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. The only employees, who are granted access to your Personal Information, are those with a business 'need-to-know' or whose duties reasonably require such information.
The Appaloosa Horse Club of Canada
Claresholm, AB T0L 0T0
ATTENTION: Executive Secretary/Privacy Officer
We will inform you when you make an inquiry or lodge challenges or complaints of the relevant procedures.